Sutton Hearing & Balance offers the following services:
- Complete testing for hearing and balance problems.
- Counseling regarding hearing loss and balance problems.
- Dispensing of hearing aids from most manufacturers.
- Counseling for the wearing, use and maintenance of hearing aids.
- Dispensing of telephone/television assisted listening devices for specific hearing problems.
- Regular office hours Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Test results with interpretative report and progress reports are provided to your physician(s). Personal copies are also available upon request.
In Office Services
We encourage ongoing cleaning and maintenance after your hearing aid purchase to ensure you receive optimum performance and benefit from your hearing aid(s). We encourage all our patients to come in for regular hearing aid check-ups and cleaning.
Repairs, Maintenance, Cleanings, and Warranties come with all brands of hearing aids. We offer in-office repairs when possible on most makes/models.
Diagnostic Hearing Evaluations
During your examination you will be tested by a Board Certified Hearing Instrument Specialist using a series of low & high frequency words to determine your ability to understand verbiage within a conversation. We will also give you several words to repeat. The results will help us determine your percentage of hearing loss, your ability to understand speech and how hearing aids will improve your ability to hear.
Hearing Aid Dispensing & Fitting
At the hearing aid fitting, you will receive the hearing aids you selected. They are programmed based on a prescription that is specific to each person’s hearing loss. The hearing professional may make adjustments after you try the hearing aids to make sure the settings and fit are ideal for you.
Hearing Aid Repairs
Some minor hearing aid repairs can be done in the office setting in a short period of time; others will need to be sent to the manufacturer for repair. Your hearing professional can help determine what kind of a repair is necessary if you feel your hearing aid is not working properly.
VNG - Balance Evaluations
Videonystagmography evaluates the function of the vestibular portion of the inner ear for patients who are experiencing symptoms of vertigo, unsteadiness, dizziness, and other balance disorders. Hearing evaluation tests are frequently combined with vestibular studies for the identification of inner ear disorders.