Aaron Krasnick, Au.D.
Dr. Krasnick brings a very unique combination of education and experience to the field of audiology. Prior to pursuing his doctoral degree in audiology at the City University of New York, Dr. Krasnick leveraged his bachelor's degree in music and audio engineering from the University of Massachusetts into a career as a professional sound engineer. Dr. Krasnick quickly became skilled at working with sound in a wide variety of applications, ranging from the recording studio to the concert stage. This diverse range of experiences has given him an intimate knowledge of how people from all walks of life and different professions interact with sound. While his doctoral degree in audiology equipped him with a deep understanding of the physiology of the human auditory system and the treatment of hearing loss, it is his years of working at the intersection between sound and people that differentiates him from other hearing providers. Dr. Krasnick has an uncanny ability for listening to how the hearing impaired describe their problems with sound and hearing aids, and can quickly identify and address any problems when they arise. Dr. Krasnick refined and developed this unique combination of education and experience during his residency with the Manhattan Veterans Administration Medical Center, quickly becoming a highly-skilled and sought after clinician. After this successful residency, Dr. Krasnick has worked in the practice of a prominent otolaryngologist, as well for another nationally known hearing care provider.
What distinguishes Dr. Krasnick as an audiologist?
1. Dr. Krasnick brings an uncompromising level of compassion and an ability to advocate for and empower his patients to take ownership of their hearing impairment. He expertly counsels them on the steps needed to improve their quality of life.
2. Dr. Krasnick marries each of his patients with a custom aural rehabilitation plan, taking all of their unique needs into full consideration. He skillfully equips his patients with the tools they need to reopen doors that have been closed on account of the difficulties associated with living with hearing loss.
3. Dr. Krasnick possesses an intimate and deep understanding of the technology within hearing aids which helps him maximize the benefit his patients get from their technology during treatment. In addition, Dr. Krasnick has a unique talent for translating his patients' subjective complaints about the sounds they hear into actionable changes in their treatment which results in greater patient satisfaction.
4. Dr. Krasnick educates his patients about the process of treating hearing loss and helps them understand the subtleties of his technical decision making. This extra emphasis on education allows his patients to become more aware of how and why certain things happen with their treatment. Patient expectations are adjusted, and then surpassed with premium quality care.
5. Dr. Krasnick is always up to date with the latest alternative tools and technologies to help his patients with their hearing impairments. In addition, he possesses a gift for patiently instructing even the most technology-phobic individuals on how to integrate these tools and technologies into their lifestyle.
6. Dr. Krasnick is especially in-tune with the needs of patients in the music and entertainment industry and has experience in customizing audio monitoring technology for both professional and recreational listening purposes.